Monday, December 14, 2015

Please Don't Make Fun of Me

Please don't make fun of me
You see I'm no different from you
I know you used to cry too
Just because I have these cuts on my arm
Doesn't mean I'm not worthy, doesn't mean I will cause you harm
You see I love you I just hate me
My life has been about disappointment and sorrow
I feel like on the inside I'm only hollow
But once a story I was told 
I remember that I was 8 years old
See it was about this man named Jesus 
Who came down from heaven just to redeem us
He died on a cross, just an old rugged tree
He never wanted us to be harmed or fall to the world plee
He wanted to give his life to you and yes even me
The kid who you used to sit by in class
But everyday you said things that made me fragile like glass
But Jesus, jesus he did all he could he allowed his mean bullies to nail him to wood
So if you are going to pick and nag at me
Go ahead and string me up on a tree
I don't mind to die among men
But it would be an honor to die for him

No comments:

Post a Comment